Points of interest in the area
The exceptional location of Polignac will allow you to travel around a wonderful area. Landscapes diversity, sites and monuments, will give you a guarantee of pleasure, each day renewed.
- Le Puy-en-Velay : city of art and history with its 12th century cathedral, registered as a UNESCO World Heritage site, and its lace school.
- Aighuile : its St Michel d'Aighuile chapel, lived at the top of an old volcano chimney.
- Arlempdes : rewarded as the "most beautiful village of France" with the 1st castle of the river Loire (after its source).
- The Gorges de la Loire and the Gorges de l'Allier.
- Mont Gerbier de Jonc (source of Loire) to climb, Mont Mézenc which is 1700 m high, and its ski station Les Estables.
- The lakes of Bouchet, Issarlès and St Front (formed in old volcanos craters).
- The castles of Rochelambert, Lavoûte-Polignac, La Fayette, Domeyrat, Rochebaron, Valprivas, Chalençon, St Vidal, Mercoeur.
- The abbeys of La Chaise-Dieu and Le Monastier-sur-Gazeille, the St Julien Basilica of Brioude.
- The romanesque churches of St Paulien, Chamalières-sur-Loire.
- Footpaths beaconed, for hikers and nature lovers.